Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pumpkin Banana Chocolate Chunk Bread (Gluten Free, Low Sugar)

After making a delicious pumpkin bread yesterday that went very quickly, I decided it was time to start experimenting.  I had some dark chocolate bars from Trader Joe's and a very ripe banana.  I use the last bit of honey I had from yesterdays Pumpkin bread, but had some organic raw Agave that needed to be used.  I knew this would be a different bread.  Within one hour of mixing and crushing a chocolate bar, I had probably the most delicious bread, other than my apple cinnamon bread.  Kids like this even better.


Pumpkin Banana Chocolate Chunk Bread (Gluten Free, Low Sugar)


Ingredients:

2 Cups Almond Flour from HoneyVille
1 Very ripe Banana Smashed
1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
1 small bar of Dark Chocolate Bar 72% Crushed and broken (or 1/4 cup of Dark Choc chips)
2 Jumbo or Extra Large Organic Free Range Eggs
2 Tbs of Organic Raw Agave (if you like very sweet bread add more)
2 tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 tsp of Cinnamon
3/4 tsp Baking Soda

Directions:  Mix dry ingredients, except for chocolate pieces in a separate bowl. Mix wet ingredients plus the Chocolate pieces.   Then combine dry and wet in a large mixer bowl and blend or stir very well.   Place in a loaf tin.  Bake at 350 for 45-50  minutes.  This one stuck to my tin so you may want to spray non stick spay on yours.  It should come out very moist and taste awesome!   Let me know how it goes!!



No comments:

Post a Comment