Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Turkish Get Up - Modified for Sensitive Knees












Modified Turkish Get Ups became my best friend in 2010 when I tore my ACL during a Krav Maga test. Naturally I was completely distraught when this happened. Luckily during a CK-FMS certification, I was shown by Jeff O'Connor, former Master RKC, how to work around this injury. I brought this back to California after that weekend excited to show my students and colleagues this modification. Many people loved it and began using it with their students too! My clients with very tender and sensitive knees were finally able to do the Get Up pain free. I usually do this style Get Up with lighter bells. Hope this helps you as much as it has helped me and my students over the years! 

Clip taken directly from The Kettlebell Revelation video

No comments:

Post a Comment